The “Workshop on HIPERION hybrid CPV/PV modules pilot installations at UPM and Fraunhofer ISE: Maximizing energy yield in space-constrained PV applications” took place as an online event on the 22nd of July 2021.
The workshop was jointly organised by Instituto de Energía Solar-Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (IES-UPM) and Fraunhofer ISE, as part of the training activities planned in the framework of the HIPERION project.
The workshop offered the virtual visits to the hybrid CPV/PV modules pilot installations at IES-UPM and Fraunhofer ISE; moreover, several presentations were given by HIPERION partners on topics related to the HIPERION hybrid PV high-efficiency technology, its manufacturing, rating and characterisation procedures, etc.
This successful event was concurrently attended by more than 70 people (115 registrations), and several interesting discussions were held around the presentations.
All presentations can be downloaded here:
- Introduction and presentation of IES UPM. By Ignacio Antón, Instituto de Energía Solar, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
- Static tracking-integrated hybrid micro-concentrator module: a disruptive PV technology. By César Domínguez, Instituto de Energía Solar & ETSI Diseño Industrial, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
- Solar panels with record efficiency. By Laurent Coulot, Insolight.
- Automated assembly of hybrid PV modules. By Delphine Petri, CSEM.
- Area constrained applications, where efficiency really matters. By Ignacio Antón, Instituto de Energía Solar, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
- High efficiency photovoltaics, principles and technologies. By Juan F. Martínez and Gerald Siefer, Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems ISE.
- Micro optics, principles and architectures. By Guido Vallerotto, Instituto de Energía Solar, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
- Micro concentrator photovoltaics, a review of key technologies. By Norman Jost, Instituto de Energía Solar, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.